You don’t have to get all the way there. But you do have to get started moving that direction.
The problem with accomplishing big goals is that you often allow yourself to be tricked into thinking that you need to apply massive amounts of effort over a short period of time in order to be successful.
Steady progress is your greatest weapon.
You need to build momentum.
Build it. Keep it. Grow it. And ultimately, leverage it.
Momentum is just a series of small steps applied with consistency. Day by day by day. It’s not a burst of massive energy over a few days. It’s an ongoing commitment to doing a little bit better each day than yesterday until you get to where you want to be.
What does that mean?
- It means you make one healthier food choice each day.
- It means you invest the time each day to build one stronger relationship.
- It means you trade one of your favorite TV shows to read a book that could help you.
- It means that you stand more and do one small bit of exercise each day.
- It means that you ask one better question — instead of giving your usual fast answer.
- It means that you save 1% (maybe even $1) more then you are saving right now.
Take a tiny step. Do one thing.
Not 50. Not 5. Not 2.
Just do one thing today that pushes you closer to where you want to be. And then repeat that tomorrow. And the day after that. And the week after that.
And every day until you get to where you want to be.
Copyright by Waldschmidt Partners Intl… Not sure that all that legal stuff really matters. If you want to share this material, do so. Just don’t charge for it and don’t tell people you wrote it. Both of those are uncool.
Other than that, all rights are reserved to you to change your life. If you are ready to be amazing, now is the time to get started. Onward…