You probably heard yourself say it before: “If it were easy everyone would be doing it.” It’s witty. And it seems true. But it’s not.
It’s easy to make a phone call and talk about something that you’re passionate about. You might call that selling or pitching or cold calling. It’s really just you having a conversation. It’s easy.
But not everyone is doing it.
It’s easy to read a book and learn a new skill for which you need some improvement. By learning, you are getting better. Which means you’re likely to make more money and achieve success faster. It’s not hard. It’s easy.
But what was the last book you read?
How do you ever expect to do anything hard if you’re not willing to do the easy stuff?
- It’s easy to try to make more money.
- It’s easy to learn something new.
- It’s easy to keep moving forwards.
- It’s easy to be accountable for your actions.
- It’s easy to follow up on promises that you’ve made.
- It’s easy to tell the truth instead of lies.
- It’s easy to take a look at the details.
- It’s easy to put in work each day.
- It’s easy to invest in your own success.
- It’s easy to avoid making excuses.
- It’s easy to lead yourself towards greatness.
All of that is easy.
And a thousand other things that you’re too busy to get started on right now.
It’s easy to try and care and work because those things get you closer to where you want to be.
Staying stuck — now that’s hard. Feeling busted up and hopeless inside — that’s miserable.
The truth is that not everyone is doing these easy things.
Maybe you’re one of those people. How ridiculous is that?