There are no rules to being successful.
There is no guaranteed formula that you can follow to automate the journey from where you are now to where you want to be.
What works for someone else probably isn’t going to work for you. What used to work for you in the past might not even work for you right now.
It’s not as easy as scribbling off check boxes on a list or finalizing the process outlined on your set of self-help DVDs.
Success is a journey. A struggle. A process.
It demands resilience and creativity from you every step of the way. Every day. In thousands of small ways.
That truth shouldn’t be discouraging. You’re tough enough to handle it. You’re smart enough to handle it.
There isn’t any challenge you’re unable to overcome.
It just doesn’t make any sense to be delusional about the odds against you.
You’re robbing yourself of victory every time you pretend it’s not going to be tough.
When you pretend like the rules make it easy to be awesome.
You don’t need to get up in the morning in a bad mood, whining and whimpering about the battle ahead. You shouldn’t be scared or alarmed. And you shouldn’t be delusional. Or emotionally lazy.
When you see greatness in others, copy the best parts. When you’re inspired by the attitudes and actions of those around you, take note.
Most importantly, make your own rules:
- Be honest with yourself about the quality of your effort, the motivation for your work, and the consequences of your results.
- Don’t let other people’s lazy ideas and small-minded thinking stop you from working hard — even when it seems like everyone else has it easier.
- Force yourself into scary situations where it seems like failure or getting hurt is the only likely outcome.
- Always keep improving by learning from the failures of those around you, before you make the same mistakes.
- Dedicate time each day to protecting what you think about, what you expect to accomplish, and those that inspire you to be the best version of you.
- Obsess about the details even when it seems like they won’t make you more successful or even get noticed by anyone.
- Be willing to sacrifice anything in the pursuit of getting a few steps closer to where you want to be some day.
- Never forget that conventional wisdom seems smartest to people who confuse mediocrity with brilliance.
Believe that you’ll figure it out. That you’ll work it out.
Don’t buy into the lies about following other people’s rules.
Make your own. Be awesome in the process.
Copyright by Waldschmidt Partners Intl… Not sure that all that legal stuff really matters. If you want to share this material, do so. Just don’t charge for it and don’t tell people you wrote it. Both of those are uncool.
Other than that, all rights are reserved to you to change your life. If you are ready to be amazing, now is the time to get started. Onward…