Your biggest strength is also the most likely opportunity for you to fail.
It creates the best opportunity and environment for failure.
Determination and resilience are essential qualities that all champions exhibit. But left unchecked, those same qualities will turn you into a bully.
You will belittle those who don’t agree with you or when you don’t feel like you are getting your way.
It destroys you from the inside out.
Analysis and insight are valuable qualities of exceptional individuals.
But that same thoughtfulness can drive you to avoid necessary action. Instead of trying and learning and trying again, you’ll avoid doing anything until you have every detail completely figured out.
- Having an ego will give your courage. But it will also destroy everything good you bring to the world around you.
- Being sensitive will make you relatable. But it will also lead to disappointment when you take things too personally.
- Power will enable you to drive past obstacles in your way. But it will also give allow you to step on other people.
What you thought was your biggest strength is now a huge liability.
But only if you let it destroy you.
Like any part of life, every choice is yours to make.
You get to decide if your greatest strength becomes your biggest weakness. Nothing is automatic. What you do each day determines your success.
Hack your lifestyle to get the best out of your everything you are:
- Challenge your preconceived notions of what you think is possible.
- Surround yourself with people who call you out on your poor behavior.
- Join a mastermind group where you develop new and exciting skills.
- Meditate each day on your activities and attitudes. Journal your thoughts.
There isn’t an antidote for failure.
You have to monitor, manage, and improve at every possible step opportunity.
And when you see your strength turning into a liability, you have to be honest enough and willing to make the changes necessary to get back on track.
There isn’t anything you can’t do. There is a lot you won’t do — simply because you’re not willing to change.
What do you need to change today?
Copyright by Waldschmidt Partners Intl… Not sure that all that legal stuff really matters. If you want to share this material, do so. Just don’t charge for it and don’t tell people you wrote it. Both of those are uncool.
Other than that, all rights are reserved to you to change your life. If you are ready to be amazing, now is the time to get started. Onward…