Tere are 5 things I learned from the Tony Robbin’s Virtual UPW to improve my health that I would like to share with you.
If you have never heard the term UPW, it means Unleash The Power Within. The event was 4 days long and 12 hours a day or more and it was truly incredible. The main theme throughout the four-day event is to unleash the real you, the power you were given at birth that has been buried by all the failures and fears. When we are young children we do not know what is, but as we get older we begin to adopt the fears of our parents and if that isn’t enough there are well-meaning authority figures who truly believe they are saving us from a life of disappointment by telling us that we can never have the life we dream of based on their assessment of us.
How many of you have told your childhood friend that when you grow up you’re going to be a fireman, a professional baseball player or one of your childhood idols and they believed you but if you told another adult they would either laugh at you or steer you in another direction? But when you attend a UPW event you are taught that the only limitations stopping you from having what you want are in your head, that you have the power to create your life to be and live fearlessly.
The last day of the event was focused on health and there were five things I learned that were so different I had to share them with you.
5 Health Tips I learned the UPW Virtual Event
- Take 10 Power Breaths 3 times a day in the ratio: 1-4-2. This method helps the lungs to take in more oxygen and distribute it to our cells.
(i.e., inhale for 8 seconds, hold for 32 seconds, exhale for 16 seconds) The gentleman that was speaking about this topic was Whim hof better know as “The Ice Man”. To learn more visit https://www.wimhofmethod.com
- Rebound for 15 minutes a day will help drain your lymphatic system. It takes only two minutes of rebounding to flush the entire lymphatic system while cleansing and strengthening cells and lymph nodes. You can learn more at Rebounding and Lymphedema
- Say no to the following addictions: excessive caffeine, processed sugar, whites, processed vinegar, alcohol, nicotine, and drugs. Associate yourself to the consequences and break your pattern.
- Do Aerobic exercise for 30 minutes 3-5 times a week. You can find free workout videos on Youtube, Roku and many of the cable services like direct TV and Xfinity have fitness channels so there is no excuse.
- Drink half your body weight in ounces a day. I found a water App for iPhone that will remind me throughout the day to drink my water and it tracks the number of ounces you drink each day. You can find the app in the iTunes App Store on your phone or iPad.
A reminder PLEASE don’t try to incorporate all of these new things into your routine at once, pick one or two the first week and then add another one each week until all 5 of them are part of your weekly routine.
I have incorporated drinking 90 ounces of water each day exercising 3 to 5 times a week during my first week and I will add the breathing exercises next week.
Please leave a comment if you have found these tips valuable.